Wondering on how to get more Instagram followers?
If you’re an enthusiast photographer we’re pretty sure you must be one of the millions delighted with Instagram, the hottest online photo-sharing social media network, which already counts with more than 150 million users, and enables its users to take pictures and videos, apply digital filters to them, and share them on a variety of social networking services. In this post we’ll be writing on how to get more Instagram followers fast and quick for your personal or business Instagram account.
- Upload your best pictures: We know you may have thousands of pictures to share but try uploading your best images and avoid uploading them all at once. This could possibly be the most obvious advice we can give, but its really important to be consistent offering your audience beautiful and fun images. Here’s a good tutorial from SocialMediaExaminer to learn how to enhance your photos on Instagram.
- Pay attention to Popular page of Instagram: By visiting the Popular page of Instagram you’ll learn more about what images are the most catchy; If you notice, all these front page images will normally be of a beautiful dawn, a nice landscape, an attractive girl and you won’t miss the lovely cat. Now you have the secret formula try to start following those users that post your favorite images and start commenting on other people’s images and you’ll see how your followers will increase.
- Use popular hashtags: For some reason there are still lots of Instagram users that tend to forget the use of hashtags completely, as if they had just been invented for Twitter. However, hashtags are used a lot in Instagram to add our images in categories… !use them!
- Follow other users: You’ll be amazed on how many followers you can get on Instagram by just following other people. Another trick is to follow the profiles of the most famous artists. Look up for the personal accounts of your most famous artist and comment on their pictures, as this will also bring you more Instagram followers also.
- Visit your Instagram profile and configure your account so that you can share your Instagram’s images in all major social networks.
- GeoTag your images: Whenever possible try to Geo Tag your images. This way your followers may see where the photograph was taken, waking up their interest on wanting to know where your next images are going to be taken. Here’s a great article to learn how to GeoTag an image on Instagram.
- Make your account public: Although it may seem obvious, don’t forget to create a fully public profile. Private accounts tend to be associated with people who only want to share their pictures with friends and family and it is very difficult to get more followers outside of that environment.
- Create an interesting bio. Why would you want to join a social media network and decide to leave your Bio on blank? This is one of the first things potential followers will see about you. Explain who you are and what you do. Also, be sure to include a city name.
Finally, don’t worry too much about the numbers. If you follow the tips we have given above, the numbers will take care of themselves. Like most things in life, slow and steady wins the race.